Who loves Fireworks!?!?
Most people do but for our furry friends, they can be frightening.
Did you know the noise from the fireworks can cause animals to run away from home because they are disoriented and scared?
Since most people won’t be shooting quiet fireworks, PREPARATION is needed.
Here are my top preparation tips for fireworks.
WAYS TO HELP YOUR ANIMALS DURING FIREWORKS
1. Make sure your dog gets lots of exercise before fireworks start.
2. Be sure your pet has a safe place to hide inside.
3. Play calming music. Did you know YouTube and Spotify have playlists for dogs and cats? Google “calming music dogs” or “calming music cats”
5. Make sure to put a leash and collar or harness on if your dog has to go outside – EVEN if your yard is fenced in.
6. Ensure your pet has a microchip and the information up-to-date.
7. Try to distract them with treats and toys.
8. Diffuse high quality essential oils to create a soothing, relaxing atmosphere. Suggested Oils to Use: Peace and Calming, Lavender, Valor, Roman Chamomile, or Copaiba.
Don’t have oils yet? Here’s a link you can use to order high quality oils to use topically and diffuse as needed to promote a calming atmosphere.