Candles, sprays, plug ins, hand soaps, perfumes, cleaning supplies, etc. all have sweet scents, but none of it natural . Ughhhhh!!!!
– The word “fragrance” can hide any combination of 3000+ chemicals that companies engineer in the lab. Cosmetic manufacturers do not have to disclose smells since that is considered a trade secret. Even many of the so called “essential oils” were lab created. Yupp…they are all fake.
– The majority of candles contain paraffin, a petroleum waste product. They are a suspected cause of cancer, can cause respiratory distress.
– The toxins released from candles are as detrimental as second-hand smoke.
Now, I use Young Living essential oils in a diffuser. Since I started avoiding fragrance, I have noticed less sinus problems. I thought I was doomed to a life of congestion. Not anymore!
I have been all about smoothies the last few weeks !!!
The wonderful thing about summer is that everything is blooming and there are so many fresh fruit and vegetables available. I am happy with all of the different options.
I have heard that you should eat a variety of foods like have colors like the rainbow and I totally agree!
When I make a smoothie, I like to mix it up. Sometimes I have all fruit, but other times I want a little bit of fruit with some vegetables thrown in. I also like to experiment with different spices to provide layers of flavor.
Blueberries and strawberries are two of my favorite fruits and are usually the base for my smoothies. I use these as my starting point and then build the smoothie flavor profile.
Below are two recipes from recent smoothies I made.
Blueberry kale ginger 1 c frozen blueberries 1 c fresh kale 1/2 c almond milk Ice 1 drop Young Living Vitality Ginger essential oil
Strawberry Cardamom 1 c fresh strawberries 1 c almond milk 1 scoop Young Living vanilla spice protein powder Ice 1 drop Young Living Vitality Cardamom essential oil
Instructions are the same for each: Blend all ingredients except the essential oil for 60-75 seconds. Stir in essential oil. Serve in chilled glass.
Did you know that your skin is your largest organ?
What you put on your skin is JUST as, if not more important, than what you put in your body. The average woman applies 300 chemicals to her body a day – 80 before breakfast.
Let that sink in.
Many of us will do anything to help beautify ourselves, prevent aging, improve our skin, including settling for toxic products.
Some of the toxic ingredients include
– bismuth: a heavy metal that chemically resembles arsenic and can cause irritation and acne
– phthalates: endocrine disruptors linked to developmental and reproductive toxicity as well as cancer, asthma, ADHD, and male fertility issues; classified as a “probable human carcinogen” by the EPA
– petrochemicals: chemical products derived from petroleum that are linked to anemia, kidney degeneration, and nerve damage to the brain
That’s why I am so glad I have Young Living ! They offer so many wonderful, effective products to promote healthy skin and improve your beauty routine SAFELY.
I love that Savvy Minerals uses only clean ingredients like Aloe vera leaf extract, Apricot kernel oil, Coconut oil, Essential oils, Grapeseed oil, and so much more!
BEAUTY WITHOUT COMPROMISE
Foundation (liquid and powder)
With all that, let me highlight two of my favorites:
Poppy Seed Lip Scrub + Lip Luxe
The Poppy seed Lip scrub is awesome ! My lips feel so soft and smooth. Also, using a lip scrub can help with the fine wrinkles around your lips.
Lip Luxe is a rich, luxurious lip gloss and treatment. It has moisture-boosting sunflower seed oil which is the yellow hue, jojoba oil, and grape seed extract. If you have not tried the new Lip Luxe yet, you should definitely do so! You can wear this one alone or layered on top of your favorite lipstick. Most days I am wearing it with a little tinted gloss.
When you look at the size of a bottle of essential oils, you might think,
“That is such a little amount of oil!”
I am constantly telling people to measure the bottle in the number of drops instead of ounces. A 5-ml bottle has about 90 drops and a 15-ml bottle has about 200-250 drops (depends on the viscosity).
However, there are other ways to make your oils last even longer.
1. Make a roller bottle. 10ml-sized glass bottles can be purchased inexpensively via Amazon. They have stainless steel roller ball top, making application quick and easy. Just add 10-20 drops of the essential oil of your choice, and fill the rest with a carrier oil like jojoba or sweet almond oil. This dilutes the essential oil but doesn’t reduce the effectiveness because one drop is so powerful. You extend the life of your oils and have a super simple way to apply them on the go.
2. Use the lowest setting on your diffuser. My Desert Mist diffuser (from Young Living) that can run for up to 10 hours! On the lowest setting, it cycles on and off at intervals, allowing the few drops that I put in to last almost all day.
3. Use diffuser jewelry to carry the aromatherapy benefits with you everywhere you go. Google search diffuser necklaces or bracelets and you’d find a lot of options to consider, including easy DIY options. I have made bracelets with accent lava beads. These hold the oil and it’s scent last a day or two.