Did you know that your skin is your largest organ?
What you put on your skin is JUST as, if not more important, than what you put in your body. The average woman applies 300 chemicals to her body a day – 80 before breakfast.
Let that sink in.
Many of us will do anything to help beautify ourselves, prevent aging, improve our skin, including settling for toxic products.
Some of the toxic ingredients include
– bismuth: a heavy metal that chemically resembles arsenic and can cause irritation and acne
– phthalates: endocrine disruptors linked to developmental and reproductive toxicity as well as cancer, asthma, ADHD, and male fertility issues; classified as a “probable human carcinogen” by the EPA
– petrochemicals: chemical products derived from petroleum that are linked to anemia, kidney degeneration, and nerve damage to the brain
That’s why I am so glad I have Young Living ! They offer so many wonderful, effective products to promote healthy skin and improve your beauty routine SAFELY.
I love that Savvy Minerals uses only clean ingredients like Aloe vera leaf extract, Apricot kernel oil, Coconut oil, Essential oils, Grapeseed oil, and so much more!
BEAUTY WITHOUT COMPROMISE
Foundation (liquid and powder)
With all that, let me highlight two of my favorites:
Poppy Seed Lip Scrub + Lip Luxe
The Poppy seed Lip scrub is awesome ! My lips feel so soft and smooth. Also, using a lip scrub can help with the fine wrinkles around your lips.
Lip Luxe is a rich, luxurious lip gloss and treatment. It has moisture-boosting sunflower seed oil which is the yellow hue, jojoba oil, and grape seed extract. If you have not tried the new Lip Luxe yet, you should definitely do so! You can wear this one alone or layered on top of your favorite lipstick. Most days I am wearing it with a little tinted gloss.
When you look at the size of a bottle of essential oils, you might think,
“That is such a little amount of oil!”
I am constantly telling people to measure the bottle in the number of drops instead of ounces. A 5-ml bottle has about 90 drops and a 15-ml bottle has about 200-250 drops (depends on the viscosity).
However, there are other ways to make your oils last even longer.
1. Make a roller bottle. 10ml-sized glass bottles can be purchased inexpensively via Amazon. They have stainless steel roller ball top, making application quick and easy. Just add 10-20 drops of the essential oil of your choice, and fill the rest with a carrier oil like jojoba or sweet almond oil. This dilutes the essential oil but doesn’t reduce the effectiveness because one drop is so powerful. You extend the life of your oils and have a super simple way to apply them on the go.
2. Use the lowest setting on your diffuser. My Desert Mist diffuser (from Young Living) that can run for up to 10 hours! On the lowest setting, it cycles on and off at intervals, allowing the few drops that I put in to last almost all day.
3. Use diffuser jewelry to carry the aromatherapy benefits with you everywhere you go. Google search diffuser necklaces or bracelets and you’d find a lot of options to consider, including easy DIY options. I have made bracelets with accent lava beads. These hold the oil and it’s scent last a day or two.
I see so many face toner recipes that have tea tree oil in them but there are so many different essential oils that you can also use for your face toner.￼￼ I like tea tree but I like a little variety as well!
I prefer to use fennel because it is a natural astringent. I have oily skin and need something that is going to help reduce the shine but not strip my skin of it’s natural oils.
After doing some research, I have found that juniper essential oil is a great complement to fennel and it has cleansing properties as well. It is a tree oil, so you have that woodsy aroma.￼
I also add lavender because it is a calming and soothing oil for the skin.￼
Hydrosols are aromatic waters produced during the distilling process. They offer many of the same naturally occurring constituents as your favorite essential oils but in a lower concentration. As such, it can help balance the skin’s pH after cleansing, refresh, and hydrate your skin.￼ I’m using Young Living’s Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood hydrosol because it has some of the same benefits of using sandalwood which helps support healthy skin.
TOW DIY Face Toner
10 drops lavender
6 drops fennel
5 drops juniper
1/2 – 3/4 cup Witch hazel
2 tablespoons Royal Hawaiian sandalwood hydrosol (optional)
Mix and pour into 4 oz glass jar.
***Note: make sure your witch hazel says that it is pure witch hazel and not witch hazel mixed with alcohol. The benefits of using pure witch hazel is that it is a natural astringent which helps reduce skin irritation and fight acne without drying out your skin. I use Thayers unscented.
My cuz and I were painting 🖼 and she was talking about a skin issue her son has. I decided to make her a oatmeal-lavender bath ball 🛁 Both oatmeal and lavender are naturally soothing for skin. Apricot oil is a natural moisturizer and has helped me with my eczema.
In the midst of making it, I thought to take a few pictures to share with you all.
I didn’t measure anything. I mixed about 1/4 cup apricot oil with 15 drops @youngliving lavender essential oil. Then poured that into about 2 cups of @quaker old fashion oats. Mixed until all oats are coated.
Spooned half of mixture into a pantyhose (you can use cheesecloth or something permeable like a giant tea bag).
Secure end so that the oats don’t leak out. Easy peasy 😁 Now when lil man gets his next bath, he will soak and have some relief!