At last! I made some Elderberry syrup.
Why elderberry? Like NingXia, the elderberry is high in antioxidants, but it supports our bodies in different ways. It’s particularly helpful in keeping our respiratory systems healthy.
Of course, I added wolfberries and infused my syrup with immune boosting essential oils. I’m extra like that 😉.
-1 cup dried organic elderberries
-1 cup dried wolfberries
-4 cups of water
-1 inch ginger cut in small pieces
-2 cinnamon sticks
-1 cup of raw honey 🍯 BUY LOCAL 🍯
-10 drops Lemon Bark Vitality
-10 drops Thieves Vitality
1. In a medium saucepan add your water, elderberries, wolfberries, ginger, cinnamon sticks.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for about 45 minutes.
4. While your berries simmer, mix your vitality oils into your honey.
5. Remove syrup from heat and mash berries with a spoon and pour through a strainer. Discard the berries.
6. Return to simmer until the liquid is reduced by half and remove from heat (optional step).
7. When no longer hot, stir in your essential oil infused honey.
8. Store in a mason jar(s) in the fridge. Should make about 24 oz of syrup.