Candles, sprays, plug ins, hand soaps, perfumes, cleaning supplies, etc. all have sweet scents, but none of it natural . Ughhhhh!!!!
– The word “fragrance” can hide any combination of 3000+ chemicals that companies engineer in the lab. Cosmetic manufacturers do not have to disclose smells since that is considered a trade secret. Even many of the so called “essential oils” were lab created. Yupp…they are all fake.
– The majority of candles contain paraffin, a petroleum waste product. They are a suspected cause of cancer, can cause respiratory distress.
– The toxins released from candles are as detrimental as second-hand smoke.
Now, I use Young Living essential oils in a diffuser. Since I started avoiding fragrance, I have noticed less sinus problems. I thought I was doomed to a life of congestion. Not anymore!
When you look at the size of a bottle of essential oils, you might think,
“That is such a little amount of oil!”
I am constantly telling people to measure the bottle in the number of drops instead of ounces. A 5-ml bottle has about 90 drops and a 15-ml bottle has about 200-250 drops (depends on the viscosity).
However, there are other ways to make your oils last even longer.
1. Make a roller bottle. 10ml-sized glass bottles can be purchased inexpensively via Amazon. They have stainless steel roller ball top, making application quick and easy. Just add 10-20 drops of the essential oil of your choice, and fill the rest with a carrier oil like jojoba or sweet almond oil. This dilutes the essential oil but doesn’t reduce the effectiveness because one drop is so powerful. You extend the life of your oils and have a super simple way to apply them on the go.
2. Use the lowest setting on your diffuser. My Desert Mist diffuser (from Young Living) that can run for up to 10 hours! On the lowest setting, it cycles on and off at intervals, allowing the few drops that I put in to last almost all day.
3. Use diffuser jewelry to carry the aromatherapy benefits with you everywhere you go. Google search diffuser necklaces or bracelets and you’d find a lot of options to consider, including easy DIY options. I have made bracelets with accent lava beads. These hold the oil and it’s scent last a day or two.