I thought I would take a moment and share why I decided to use Young Living as my primary and really only brand when it comes to essential oils.
I used to buy other brands but I never would buy blends because I knew that a lot of unscrupulous companies would has a lot of filler oils and not a lot of the essential oil but charge as if it was a lot of the good stuff.
Fast forward to now. I love the Young Living blends just as much as the single oils. The quality can’t be beat! If you are thinking about what brand to use, Young Living is the ONE!
What makes Young living so special?
By having their own farms and employing Seed to Seal standards, Young Living ensures that NO ONE has more potent or more pure oils.
Young Living does this by regularly sampling and measuring the BRIX values of the plants. (BRIX is a measure of the sugar level in the plants, which is indicative of plant metabolism (when plants photosynthesize, they store the energy from the sun as sugar).
Young Living then harvests the plants at the peak of their metabolic processes, which ensures that they are producing the most and best oil of their lifecycles.
You CAN NOT do this if you don’t have access to the plants on your own farms.
There is no question in my mind which brand to use to help support the wellness on my family and friends.
About 20 years ago, I was in a store called Burlington Coat Factory and found a small bottle of patchouli essential oil.
I read great things about patchouli and was excited to find it! I checked the packaging and the label because I wanted to be sure I was getting pure essential oil. Back then, I did not know that companies had a lot of leeway when they use terminology such as “pure“, “natural”, and “therapeutic“.
I opened the bottle and YUCK … I thought I didn’t like patchouli!
Fast forward to today. I realize that I didn’t like the chemically laced synthetic scent they were trying to pass off as PURE.
I’m so grateful for Young Living’s commitment to purity and quality. They prove to me time and time again that I can trust their claims and labeling 🌿…..
If you want a high quality essential oil, Young Living is the best option available.
Candles, sprays, plug ins, hand soaps, perfumes, cleaning supplies, etc. all have sweet scents, but none of it natural . Ughhhhh!!!!
– The word “fragrance” can hide any combination of 3000+ chemicals that companies engineer in the lab. Cosmetic manufacturers do not have to disclose smells since that is considered a trade secret. Even many of the so called “essential oils” were lab created. Yupp…they are all fake.
– The majority of candles contain paraffin, a petroleum waste product. They are a suspected cause of cancer, can cause respiratory distress.
– The toxins released from candles are as detrimental as second-hand smoke.
Now, I use Young Living essential oils in a diffuser. Since I started avoiding fragrance, I have noticed less sinus problems. I thought I was doomed to a life of congestion. Not anymore!
When you look at the size of a bottle of essential oils, you might think,
“That is such a little amount of oil!”
I am constantly telling people to measure the bottle in the number of drops instead of ounces. A 5-ml bottle has about 90 drops and a 15-ml bottle has about 200-250 drops (depends on the viscosity).
However, there are other ways to make your oils last even longer.
1. Make a roller bottle. 10ml-sized glass bottles can be purchased inexpensively via Amazon. They have stainless steel roller ball top, making application quick and easy. Just add 10-20 drops of the essential oil of your choice, and fill the rest with a carrier oil like jojoba or sweet almond oil. This dilutes the essential oil but doesn’t reduce the effectiveness because one drop is so powerful. You extend the life of your oils and have a super simple way to apply them on the go.
2. Use the lowest setting on your diffuser. My Desert Mist diffuser (from Young Living) that can run for up to 10 hours! On the lowest setting, it cycles on and off at intervals, allowing the few drops that I put in to last almost all day.
3. Use diffuser jewelry to carry the aromatherapy benefits with you everywhere you go. Google search diffuser necklaces or bracelets and you’d find a lot of options to consider, including easy DIY options. I have made bracelets with accent lava beads. These hold the oil and it’s scent last a day or two.